Tokyo Anime Award Festival2017 (TAAF 2017) calls for unique animation works with high potential and strong messages, both feature and short animation, from all over the world. Our aim is to screen high-quality animation works superior in originality, provide opportunities to inspire audience as well as creators, cultivate new talents, and contribute in the development and promotion of animation cultures and industry.
TAAF2017 is scheduled in 10-13 March, 2017.
*Any animation works longer than 30 min. but less than 60 min. shall be applied to the category of Feature Animation first. The TAAF Office will contact the applicant later to notify which category is appropriate for the work.
- Work must have been completed on, or after, January 1, 2015 (regardless of country of origin, and whether it is professional, amateur or student work).
- Work that has been theatrically released, broadcast, or distributed for profit in Japan for a certain period prior to March ○○, 2017 is not eligible for the Competition (such work would qualify under the “Anime of the Year” category). Screening at film festivals and previews are not considered “for profit” herein.
- Work that has been nominated to TAAF in the past will not accepted.
- No submission fee is required.
- The application deadlines are as follows:
Monday, October 31, 2016 for Short Animation
Sunday, November 20, 2016 for Feature Animation
- Once submissions have closed, the Preliminary Selection Committee will select the nominees for the final judging. Result of the selection process will be communicated to successful applicants, and the list of Nominated Works will be posted on the TAAF 2017 official website.
- The screening material should be either of the following:
Apple ProRes (1920 x 1080 pix.) or DCP.
- Nominated Works will be publicly screened at designated theaters during the Festival period in Tokyo, during which time final judging will be conducted by the Competition Jury.
- The screening schedule will be announced after the primarily selection at TAAF 2017 official website.
- The following prizes are awarded to excellent works:
Grand Prize (both for Feature and Short, cash award of 500,000 yen)
Award of Excellence (both for Feature and Short, cash award of 100,000 yen)
and other prizes (if applicable).
Please read this outline and application guideline carefully before your application.
We look forward to your application for TAAF 2017.
TAAF2017 (Tokyo Anime Award Festival Office)
Akihabara UDX Bldg. 4F, 4-14-1,Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0021 JAPAN
(The Association of Japanese Animations)
Winners of TAAF2016
Feature Animation for Competition of TAAF2016
Grand Prize：LONG WAY NORTH (Director: Rémi Chayé)
Award of Excellence：Monkey King: Hero is Back (Director: Tian XiaoPeng)
© 2015 SACREBLEU PRODUCTIONS / MAYBE MOVIES / 2 MINUTES / FRANCE 3 CINEMA / NØRLUM | ©2015 October Animation Studio,HG Entertainment
Short Animation for Competition of TAAF2016
Grand Prize：Off Belay (Director: Mataić Siniša)
Award of Excellence：Fisherwoman and Tuk Tuk (Director: Suresh Eriyat) / I can’t breathe. (Director: Sayaka Kihata)
© Luma Film | © Studio Eeksaurus Productions Pvt. Ltd. | © Sayaka Kihata 2015